The Pet Friendly Shelter is located inside the West Boynton Recreational Center at 6000 Northtree Blvd., Lake Worth, FL 33463 and is only available to Palm Beach County residents who reside in a mandatory evacuation zone, in a mobile home, or in sub-standard housing. Proof of residency will be required.
All pets must be accompanied by only one owner, who will stay inside the Pet Friendly Shelter. All other family members will need to stay at the adjacent human shelter, Park Vista High School. Pets will be housed in a separate area away from where people are sheltered; livestock and reptiles will not be accepted.
Space is limited and all food will be provided, so please limit personal belongings to only those essential items that you will need during your stay.
Suggested items for people include:
- Personal cot or mat for sleeping and light bedding (cots and blankets are NOT provided)
- Change of clothes for 2-3 days
- Any necessary medications and a small container to keep them cold if necessary
- Toiletry items: toothbrush, toothpaste, sanitary wipes, etc. (there are no showers on site)
- Any special diet items
- Chargers for your essential electronics
- Small entertainment items, such as books, board games, cards, etc.
Suggested items for pets include:
- Carrier for cats/ leash and collar for dogs
- Pet food for 3-5 days
- Food and water bowls
- Light bedding for kennel where pet will be housed
- Any necessary medications for your pet
- Toys, chew bones, or other small enrichment items to keep your pet calm.
- ID tags with name and phone number attached to pet’s collar or harness.